Two weeks in to Project 333. Still learning stuff. Here's a smattering.
1) Clothes are not capital-I-important in the grand scheme of life. But I can see how other issues in my life play out through my wardrobe. And I can see how this process is making shifts happen in my head and heart. I'll just tease that topic for now.
2) At two weeks in, I think I've finally settled on my final through-December wardrobe. I am a little concerned about being cold later in the year — I didn't really pick much in the ultra-warm category, but I guess I'll deal with it when it comes. And probably layer, layer, layer. I did swap out a handful of items (for instance, flip flops for those patent oxfords in the photo) before I'd worn them, over the two weeks, but I'm OK with that.
3) I hadn't really anticipated inspiring anyone to jump into this with me, but I did! (Hi Gina!) When it gets down to it, I don't care how many items you own or wear, if you're content with the status of your closet. But if you're not, I encourage you to try out Project 333 or some variation of it.
4) I also hadn't really anticipated connecting with new folks, but that's the cool thing about doing this on social media. One person in particular I've enjoyed following (from Instagram to her website) is L.A.-based InnyVinny. Sweet style. Inspiring words. This post on her 333 journey really struck a chord with me. I too have been mending and filtering more than usual. And it feels good.
5) I'm already excited for the next cycle of Project 333 and tailoring/pairing pieces even more successfully. I've probably spent way more time thinking about my clothes then ever, but I can anticipate a time in the near future when it will all fall into place. Besides I'm spending way less time on shopping, laundry and getting dressed in the morning, so it's win-win.